Wednesday, September 12, 2012

meet Cone Dog






So Finn has an issue with not having any self control when it comes to licking himself. I let him do it for a hot second now and then because it's only natural, especially after the surgery for him to try to keep it clean. If I let him have his way though, he would be licking his insides because he'd have no skin left. He has been all around pretty darn pathetic since the surgery. Walk is no longer in his list of actions, it's run run run sit run sit scoot sit. So lets say I were to walk down the hall way at my house. Finn stays at the starting point and then when I'm about halfway down, he comes tearing through the hall, nearly knocking me down or something else in his path and sits anxiously at the other end to see which direction I'm heading next so he can scurry to it and sit again. I CANNOT WAIT until he is back to feeling normal between his legs so he doesn't have to wear a cone and hopefully he'll start walking again.

It may sound like his life right now sucks, and it does for the most part. I would hate not having any peripheral vision as well and having a cone in the way of my legs. (if anything, it has taught him to walk with his head held high...so he doesn't trip on the cone. lol) He life isn't completely terrible though. When he's outside, you'd never be able to tell anything is wrong with him, except when he stops to try to lick. Other than that, he runs and runs and runs. He shouldn't be, but he looks so darn happy doing it, I can't slow him down. Yesterday I was egging him on while he was running and trying to get me to come after him. He got so excited, HE BARKED! It was a cute, playful bark. Not sure if he'll ever do it again or in another setting, but I'm so happy he did it! One more thing he didn't do checked off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment