Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Take your dog to work day...kinda

Sorry for the lack of posting yesterday. It was a busy day that didn't involve a lot of Finn time and I paid for it. He would not settle down in his crate last night. I think part of it may have been that I forgot to turn on the nightlight. The plan for tonight is to go outside in a few minutes, take a few laps around the backyard and put him in the crate with a fresh clean towel and a shirt I slept in last night that I left to marinade in my bed so maybe he'll feel like I'm not too far away. (Fingers crossed)

Today, we got to do something else to push him out of his comfort zone. I got off work much earlier than normal and came home to get Finn and head right back to the bank. He was a little shaky at first, but once he wasn't standing out in the open, he kind of approached strangers anxious to meet him. One of my co-workers said while we were all huddled around, "alright guys, someone here has got to take this dog home!" We headed home about an hour laster and then my cousin stopped by to meet him. He was pretty nervous at that point, which I don't understand. He was on his familiar territory with a person that is almost identical to me. The only thing I can guess was all of the previous excitement was overwhelming enough for one day.

I can't wait to get him to a vet, but since I don't own him, the shelter has to call and make the appointment, that probably won't even fit with my schedule. He started with one ear infection and I think that they are now both infected and I feel terrible for him. We'll give the shelter another buzz tomorrow and hope that we have an appointment very soon.

This day may not have been the best in my life, but two really awesome things did happen:
1. Harper (cat) came into my room while Finn was already there and proceeded to jump on my bed. I'm ignoring the fact that it was because his food bowl was empty and I'm calling it amazing progress.
2. I had to go back to the bank later in the evening for 2 hours. I assumed Finn would go where my mom did, but when I returned home, I learned that he went in my room and wouldn't come out. EEEEK. I had a lot of shoes laying all over the place. Finn didn't touch one pair. When I went in my room to find him, he was laying in a crate with the door open.


Finn hiding under my desk


Finn "hiding" behind one of the stools


Sylvia giving him some high quality attention


I had to include this one just because this woman hates dogs. It was
absolutely necessary to document this interaction, although she wasn't too
happy that I have proof that she has a soft spot. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment