Saturday, August 25, 2012

a little too much fun


Finn did wonderful meeting the b/f last night. We sat watching tv and he started out watching us from his crate and slowly moved closer and closer to us until he tried to get in bed. It took about 3 hours to get to this point, but the boy's been through a lot so I'm pretty excited. B/f went home and I put Finn to bed after one last walk, then retreated upstairs. I was enjoying some 1-1 time with my poor cat who thinks I abandoned him when Finn busts through the door. He must have had too much fun last night with us and thought he was going to stay in my room all night. Back to his crate he went and this time I locked every single latch.

Today, we visited my dad and Finn was pretty timid. It makes sense though...new location, new people, new smells and we weren't there for more than an hour. Might work better next time if we take his little crate over and let him work his way out of it like we did last night. After that, we headed to the shelter for a quick shot and we weighed him. Little guy is a whopping 41 lbs! I can't wait til he figures out how to walk down stairs! Last, but not least on his day of unpleasant adventures was a bath. He did so wonderful! I'm sure he wasn't crazy about being in the tub, but rubbing in all that shampoo didn't feel so bad. Tomorrow we're going to hang around the house, which is getting kinda old to me :(. Before Finn, I was only home to switch out clothes, shower, do some laundry, and take care of my handsome cat. I'm getting very stir crazy but I don't want to rush Finn into my busy world until he is ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment