Monday, December 3, 2012

I'm blessed.


No, I didn't dye Shiloh's hair black, it's just a guest appearance from Andy.

Starting off, I'll say that I'm not a very religious person, more spiritual I guess. I also rarely talk about it, except for instances where I can only feel truly blessed. Some may find it strange, but my previous pets tend to visit me in my dreams. It doesn't happen all that often, and when it does, it is truly magical. Last night Harper woke me up at some point and and then I slept lighter for the rest of the night and had extremely vivid dreams, one which involved the best friend I've ever known. Andy walked into my room at my mom's house, approached my bed and rested his head against it and I told him, "you better be getting up on this bed." He never hesitated once permission was granted, and last night was no exception. In a heartbeat, he was in my lap, as best a 90lb dog could be, and I looked up and said, "Thank you Jesus. I take advantage of every minute I can spend with him." After dreams like that, I wake up so refreshed. He's been gone for about a year and a half at this point, but it's as if I just spent a few minutes with him. It's a gift and I never take them for granted.

I'm also incredibly blessed to be surrounded by such beauty in the animals I keep in my company. Harper started out as this ugly little thing that weighed a pound and was covered in ticks and fleas. His eyes were popping out of his head, and his ribs out of his sides. Now he's so beautiful that he can do no wrong in my eyes, (well, he can, but he is quickly forgiven.) Here's a snap of him last night while I was typing that post.

And Shiloh is beautiful too. For the record, he still had his cone on this morning. I was so pleased that I downgraded his gear to Finn's recreation cone. I'm hoping it is as effective on him, but he rarely goes for his undercarriage unless he's alone in the bathroom.

Here Shiloh is after I "tucked him in" for bed tonight in his suite. lol. I had a great day animal wise. We'll end with a smile.




1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful dream. I'm glad that you can get a sense of happiness from something like that...I'd probably just get depressed, haha.

    ReplyDelete